TO INCREASE SPEED OF INTERNET CONNECTION
Lots of windows users may find after installing Windows XP, Thier connection in internet gets a bit slower. Possible reason for this is the QoS (Quality of Service) . The service reserves 20 per cent for the bandwidth , even the QoS is disabled. this is for broad band connections.
1.Please make sure your logged on as actually “Administrator”. do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.
2. start – run – type gpedit.msc
3. expand the “local computer policy” branch
4. expand the “administrative templates” branch
5. expand the “network branch”
6. Highlight the “QoS Packet Scheduler” in left window
7. in right window double click the “limit reservable bandwidth” setting
8. on setting tab check the “enabled” item
9. where it says “Bandwidth limit %” change it to read 0 After doing this, you should immediately notice a boost in your Internet connection speed.
some need re-boot